Friday, July 13, 2007

Truth and laughs

just 2 of the E-mails I've recived today :)
Here's a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent interaction between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester in a Metro Station in DC:
"There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets on the evils of America. I politely declined to take one. An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20ish) female protester offered grandma a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester put her hand on the grandma's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, "Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq?"

The little old woman looked up at her and said, "honey, my father died in Germany during World War II, I lost my husband in the Korean War and a son in Vietnam. All three died so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your ass and open it."


And this one with a picture

Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately; illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida.
Not me. I concentrate on solutions for the problems. It's a win-win situation.
+ Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border.

+ Send the dirt to New Orleans to raise the level of the levies.

+ Put the Florida alligators in the moat along the Mexican border.

Any other problems you would like for me to solve today ?

No comments: