In 1963 this list of goals was introduced into the Congressional record. 50 years later lets check on the progress
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
We were able to avoid “atomic” war by coexisting in a state of cold war that ended with the fall of the Soviet Union. Failed
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
That knife cut both ways but the war in Vietnam largely stopped the communist advance. Failed
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament of the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
This ideal was never truly accepted but the ideal that it is immoral to disarm ones self in the face of an determined adversary is missing from the current gun debate. 75% complete.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
“Only Nixon can go to China” Clinton took care of the rest. Complete.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
For most of my life we stood on the brink of war with Russia and we sent them grain. Complete.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
Even better give them permanent member status on the Security Consul. Complete.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
“Mister Gorbachev Tear Down This Wall” Fail
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
Signed by Kennedy later that year after 8 years of negotiations. Complete
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
In spite of the fact that every crisis is met with a committee, that every action in effect involves weakening the stronger side and emboldening the weaker side regardless of who is right. Complete.
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
You have a Constitutional right to be a communist. N/A
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
I pledge allegiance, can not be said in class. Complete.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
There are some conservative student newspapers but they get trashed when they actually publish something. Complete.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
Big in the 60s but died out, got a slight boost with the Occupy movement but died out too. Failed.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
Two words Chris Mathews. Complete.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
“Two out of three ain’t bad”. 66%
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
The scary part of this is there was a room full of people who thought this WAS art. Complete.
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
See above, that video was shot at the “Museum of Modern Art” in New York. Complete.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
Men in San Francisco are fighting for their “right” to be naked in city parks. Complete
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
See above. Complete.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
You have a right to live your life as you like, that doesn’t make it "normal, natural, healthy" but I can’t say that. Complete.
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
Many churches have liberalized their teachings and their memberships have dropped. Mega Churches are growing. Incomplete.
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
They were done with this but Islamist have made a claim to a right to pray and schools have attempted to accommodate them without relenting on the ban of student led Christian bible study. On Hold.
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
Old. White. Men. Complete.
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
Try to talk to children today about history, thing is they know even less about Russian history. Complete.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
At one time all of these need were thought of as local issues, now they are state issues with federal money fettering every decision. Complete.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
That would be the Constitution. Incomplete.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
This is a good place to remind people that McCarthy was a Senator, and he was right. Complete.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
They made a good effort. Fail
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
This one was too easy. Complete.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
Some progress. Incomplete.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand.
Your HHS case worker can’t arrest you but as an officer of the court they can have you arrested. And every thing a kid does in school gets a 4 letter acronym. Complete.
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
Taking over the profession is taking a while in the US. In Europe however there are reports of how people have been striped of their parental rights for faith based reasons. Incomplete.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
No Fault Divorce. Baby Mamas. Abortion. Complete.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
It Takes A Village, by Hillary Clinton. Complete.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
Dissent is patriotic… Anti-war Protesters under Bush… Unless it’s not… Anti-Tea Party Protesters under Obama. Conflicted.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
Mixed results. Incomplete.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
Thank You Jimmy Carter. Complete.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
Not repealed but largely ignored with even leaders in the US insisting that we should “go along”. Mixed results.