Monday, September 10, 2007

Gone too far

Moveon.org has taken out a full page add in the New York Times calling 4star General Petraeus a traitor. The General is a great leader a war hero who was confirmed to his post with a unanimous vote by the US senate.

General Petraeus or General Betray Us?
Cooking the books for the White House

This is an outrage! I don't call for action very often, but this time I must. First write your senator and tell him/her to publicly denounce this add! Second write to the NYT and demand they print a retraction and 3rd write to moveon dot org and demand they stop questioning the patriotism of our Generals
I sent this letter to my WA senators and a couple others... I would send it to all of them but I gotta go to work.
Dear Senator

I do not know if you will be involved in today’s committee with General Petraeus. However this issue is so outrageous that I feel a strong statement of condemnation should be issued by all of our senators in response to this moveon.org add in the New York Times. http://pol.moveon.org/petraeus.html. I would be very please and my heart will be greatly lifted to see our senate united in telling moveon that this has gone too far and calling our leaders in Iraq and by extension the men and woman whom they lead traitors is beyond civil discourse.


Update: Senator Murray responds. The letter is good enough for its own post so look for it here.

No comments: