Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mixed Feelings

OK so this guy at LSU got arrested for cutting down and burning a US Flag that was over a war memorial. HE was arrested for stealing and damaging property and, oddly enough, drug paraphernalia.

He was pissed that we killed OBL.

So this other guy says he wants to show support for the first guys rights (to steal and destroy other peoples property) and burn a flag on campus, it was announced that the university granted him permission to hold his protest which he planned to do today, just that things didn’t turn out the way he planned.

You have the right to burn your flag in this country, you do not have the right to steal and burn a flag that does not belong to you. If you decide to burn your flag, others have the right to object (without threats/acts of violence) to your actions. The mixed feelings come in that I loved seeing so many come out to defend the flag from an   obvious loon, but they came very close to crossing that line.

HT: Gateway Pundit

in comments there…

Quote from Johnny Cash’s From “Ragged Old Flag” on The Great Lost Performance”:

I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to… but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine…

Note: This blog is full of examples of me objecting to the actions of others, often very vocally, so I know how easy it is to push that line, and how important it is not to.

No comments: