Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To honor Honor

A new Medal of Honor Monument was dedicated today at The University of Washington in Seattle

The UW will dedicate a memorial to military veterans, specifically the seven UW alumni who have received the Congressional Medal of Honor. The memorial will be built in the traffic circle at the south end of Memorial Way, north of the main UW flagpole and east of Parrington Hall

Medal of Honor 005 Medal of Honor 008 Medal of Honor 004

I was unable to attend the ceremony but was in town later in the day so I took a few minutes at the end of my day to get a few pictures, It’s a very nice thing.

Medal of Honor 010 Medal of Honor 011 Medal of Honor 012

Medal of Honor 013 Medal of Honor 018 Medal of Honor 016

The monument is at the north end of “Red Square” so I took a moment to get a few pictures there too.

 Medal of Honor 024Medal of Honor 019 Medal of Honor 026

And then a few shots on the way back to my car.

Medal of Honor 032 Medal of Honor 053

 Medal of Honor 052 Medal of Honor 061

And you can find many more photos on my flickr site

No comments: