Saturday, April 2, 2011

Southwest Flight 812

Yesterday Southwest flight 812 from Phoenix to Sacramento was forced to make an emergency landing in Yuma.

This is the best first hand account I’ve read. The link has some interesting photos

How do you convey "I might die in a few minutes and I love you so much my heart aches at the thought of never seeing you again" without freaking someone the hell out? I'll let you know if I figure it out.

She writes more on her blog about the aftermath.

During the flight, people remained remarkably calm. I watched a young man get up and help others with their masks. People shared their chewing gum with others to help with the ear popping. We talked. We joked. On the ground, we cheered for our captain. We hugged each other. I'm pretty sure I cried a little.

and on twitter of her new found fame..

Yes, about 13 minutes left of my 15.

I have a bit of a connection to Southwest in that my mother used to work for the company that does maintenance on their planes and one of my friends has worked for them as a flight attendant for many years, my thoughts are always of her when I see stories like this.

No comments: