Saturday, June 7, 2008

Finley Lives

Finley was not supposed to be born, His parents had used birth control and when that failed they went to have an abortion at 8 weeks. Yet some time latter Finley's mother could feel him moving inside her. The Percivals were fearful that a genetic condition that cost the life of one of their children and affected the other would also affect Finley. But after hearing that he had survived they took a chance and went thru with the pregnancy

Jodie Percival with son Finley   'Deciding to terminate at eight weeks was just utterly horrible but I couldn't cope with the anguish of losing another baby,' said Miss Percival, 25.  However, Finley had other ideas. And some time after the operation, Miss Percival felt a fluttering in her stomach. Eventually her doctor sent her for a scan – and she discovered she was 19 weeks pregnant. The child had survived the abortion and thrived in the womb. 'I couldn't believe it,' said Miss Percival. 'This was the baby I thought I'd terminated. 'At first I was angry that this was happening to us, that the procedure had failed. 'I wrote to the hospital, I couldn't believe that they had let me down like this. They wrote back and apologized and said it was very rare.

snip

"I just couldn't believe that this child had got through it all and looked so perfect," Ms Percival, a hairdresser, told the Daily Mail. "He may need an operation but as only one of his kidneys is affected he can survive. "I still struggle to believe just what he has fought through. Now he's here I wouldn't change it for the world."

No comments: