Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Yea, this is support

This is a conversation in the comments section of my puppet video. It shows in full the lie of this sign.


from ds9harb (19 hours ago) in 2 parts due to word count


As a soldier I feel I have the right to make comments for or against the current administration because I am the one putting my life on the line, not you! You talk about the geneva conventions, Saddam is the one that used chemical and biological weapons on his own people. We are still finding mass graves in Iraq. It's sad that as a soldier I am told I can't go to a mall in my own country cause I will get harrassed by protesters and goated into taking action. Thanks for the GREAT support there!

part 2

I myself am an Army medic coming up on my 6th year in the Army next week. I have been overseas 3 times and will go for the 4th time this fall. Please do not try and talk on my behalf. While as a soldier I will always be the first to embrace peace and shy away from war but I made a choice to join the Army knowing that I could be sent overseas just like all other Military personel.



And now for the lefty answer:
from Briannathegreat (2 hours ago)
As a human being, I feel you are committing war crimes and crimes against humanity through killing civilians, the unapologetic use of torture. yes Saddam did commit war crimes. How does that justify illegally occupying a nation. You KNOW they don't want you there. the U.S. were originally the ones that supplied him with biological weapons to use against the kurds.

Thanks Brianna for the support... Our troops are not the ones loading up car bombs and parking them in markets... Our troops are not the ones beheading men who do not "enlist" with the jihadist... Our Troops are not the ones who hide in mosque and launch missiles at civilians. I just thought you might like to know that. And as for the "unapologetic use of torture" I think all those at Abu Ghraib are somewhat apologetic and will be for 15 to 30 years.

No comments: