Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Angels in fatigues


Right now CBS news (and I saw one report on fox) are the only ones carrying this story of the rescue of 24 starved and neglected boys from an Iraqi orphanage. It seems that the people in charge were looting the money and goods that were given to aid the boys, 3 have fled and 2 are in custody, Well I’m guessing no virgins for them in paradise.
Photo from CBSNews


"I got extremely angry with the caretaker when I got there," Capt. Benjamin Morales said. "It took every muscle in my body to restrain myself from not going after that guy."


Update:
Looks like all of the people involved have been captured.
A spokeswoman for the government ministry responsible for the orphanage said that the building's director had been arrested, together with several members of his staff.

No comments: