After blocking the roads to US ports to prevent supplies from reaching our troops, After protesting any action by our troops and after working to stop recruiting efforts it is obvious that the far left has followed a clear plan... But is this just part of a larger plan? Some want to go even further, ANSWER has over the last year been talking about a shift in the movement, vague hints at revolution. I personally have heard calls for armed revolution coming from speakers at ANSWER rallies. I fully expect to hear these calls increase this summer, this is not a new call, I have a pamphlet handed out at an answer rally on March 20 2003. This is an excerpt
A message to the U.S. Anti-War
The only possibility of stopping this current military action is to engage in strategies and tactics which severely disrupt the war machine, the U.S. economy, and the overall functioning of U.S. society particularly how it relates to consumerism and the economy. Marches, picketing, rallies, parties, benefits, civil disobedience and even property destruction are pointless, and perhaps even counterproductive, unless they serve to severely disrupt the functioning of the political system and its economy. An atmosphere of severe unrest, if manufactured properly, will force the U.S. government to place military resources in the streets of the United States, will threaten the economy (the Chief motive behind this military excursion) of the United States, and ultimately create a political atmosphere unfavorable for Bush to continue on with the war.
So how is an atmosphere of severe unrest and disruption generated? First and foremost, it must begin with our ability to look beyond the business as usual strategies and tactics that have failed miserably in the past. It must begin with our allegiance to come to terms with the realization that any and all tactics and strategies must be considered at least available for use. Next we must be willing to decipher exactly how the power of the political structure can be effectively challenged. Once this matter has been examined there is only one question remaining, will each of us become involved and use whatever tactics and strategies are necessary, or will we refuse and continue to engage solely in conduct which serves little other purpose that making people feel better about themselves.
Here are some suggestions for the necessary creation of an atmosphere of unrest and disruption in the United States.
1) Attack the financial centers of the country. Using covert or black block techniques, depending on the situation, physically shut down financial centers which regulate and assist the functioning of the U.S. economy. This can be done in a variety of ways from massive property destruction, to online sabotage, to physical occupation of building. However the latter I would shy away from, especially the open civil disobedience type of activities which purposely involve arrests. This movement needs all the assistance it can get and absolutely NO good will come from going to jail. Allowing yourself to be purposely arrested demonstrates that an individual has at least some faith in the U.S. legal system. This is completely foolish. One primary objective is to engage in serious unrest and disruption and NOT to get caught. Not getting caught means you are able to continue the struggle the nest day.
2) Large Scale urban rioting. With massive unrest and even state of emergencies declared in major cities across the country, the U.S. government will be forced to send U.S. troops into the domestic arena thereby taking resources and political focus away from the war. Unstable conditions in much of the country also serve as a political embarrassment for the Administration and should assist in forcing them to stop the war to deal with domestic concerns. Rioting should be focused on governmental agencies and corporations - especially those that are profiting from the war or destruction of life.
3) Attack the media centers of the country. It is the corporate media who had and continues to influence and control the minds of the mass body of people in the United States. These news media outlets cannot be utilized by the movement as they are owned by the very corporations one should be opposing. Using any means necessary, shut down the national networks of NBC, ABC, CBS,CNN, etc. Not just occupations but actually engage in strategies and tactics which knock the networks off the air.
4) Spread the battle to the individuals responsible for the war and destruction of life - the very heads of governments and U.S. corporations. No longer should these people be able to hide behind their occupations, living their lives in peace while they simultaneously slaughter countless people. Hit them in their personal lives, visit their homes, and make them feel personally responsible for committing massive atrocities.
5) Make it known publicly that this movement DOES NOT Support U.S. troops as long as they are serving an unjust and horrifying political regime. Create an atmosphere lacking of support to assist U.S. troops at home and abroad in losing their morale and will to fight. If you are supporting the troops you are supporting this war and the very U.S. government that is the primary terrorist regime in the international arena.
6) Actively target U.S. military establishment within the United States. Again, following the above stated goal of NOT getting caught, use any means necessary to slow down the functioning of the murdering body.
7) when engaging in the above six activities, strike hard and fast and retreat in anonymity. Select another location, strike again hadr and fast and quickly retreat in anonymity. Engage only in actions where you will be victorious. Do not be concerned with alienating the mainstream sectors of the movement - that mainstream has NEVER stopped a U.S. military activity or war. Do not be concerned with public opinion. Public opinion will not stop this war. Action will. Do not get caught. DO NOT GET CAUGHT. Do not get sent to jail. Stay alert, keep active, and keep fighting. Remember, an action is only good (especially at this juncture in U.S. society) if it will serve to severely disrupt the political system of the country, its economy, and the corporate interests that drive this society
These suggestions are not radical. They are merely recommendations for those that desire to actually have a chance at stopping this current military siege. As the peace or anti-war corporate organizations vocally oppose this message ant its enclosed suggestions, continue to ask what realistic chance do their strategies and tactics have to actually stop this war? What historical precedent do their business as usual politics and policies have? As no peace or anti-war movement has ever stopped U.S. government military policies or activities using the state sanctioned and societal approved methods, what right do they have to give the caring public false hope?
This is a call to armed conflict, not a peaceful protest, as the left fails again to stop this war. After the election failed to produce an end to this war. Antiwar leaders have been increasingly shrill in their rhetoric and even warning of stepped up measures to be announced July 4th.
SEPT 22- 29: It's time to move from Protest to Resistance
Are we dealing with a peace movement or an anti-America movement?